Interested in working with a team and making a difference? SigCom offers a challenging and rewarding work environment with competitive pay and benefits.
Signal Communications Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportuniy Employer (EEO) that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited under applicable law.
Regional Sales Manager / Mid-Atlantic – Military and Commercial
Reporting to the National Sales Manager, the Regional Sales Manager / Mid-Atlantic – Military and Commercial will identify and seize new sales opportunities to build a strong network of loyal partners and execute SigCom’s strategy. The Regional Sales Manager will develop and maintain strong relationships with Engineered Systems Distributors (ESDs) and US military bases – existing SigCom accounts and new. The Regional Sales Manager will support our distribution channel partners.
- Meet or exceed the revenue targets for assigned territory and accounts.
- Increase market share by seeking out new relationships through sales events, trade shows, referrals, industry contacts, warm/cold face-to-face sales calls, collaboration with other team members on sales strategies, and manage and collaborate with manufacturer representatives where appropriate.
- Maintain current relationships with ESD and military base customers by supporting / recommending customer service efforts including system upgrades, conducting follow up calls, identifying new opportunities, solving problems.
- Identify and pursue new ESD and military base opportunities and relationships
- Develop and maintain relationships with influencers including engineers and associations and keeping abreast of new developments in the industry.
- Proactively drive market intelligence gathering, uncover opportunities in other growth verticals, and deliver sales wins in these growth areas.
- Work closely with the Product Management, and Engineering groups to inform them of market conditions, pricing issues, and competitive trends.
- Assist in implementing training in technology, products, sales skills, and other efforts.
- Participate in industry events including trade shows/association programs.
Requirements and Skills:
- 5+ years sales experience in life safety systems and products industry in both the commercial and military markets.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Engineering or similar field.
- Self-motivator with proven organizational track record.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of PC based applications (Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint & Excel).
- Working knowledge of CRM software would be an asset.
- Possess a current valid driver’s license.
- Hold a NICET Level 2 or higher certification is desired.
- Technically proficient to review/discuss project plans.
- Technically proficient to provide training to ESD’s and to military base personnel.
- Willingness to travel extensively up to 75% including overnight and air travel.
- Work from home office preferably located in or near Mid Atlantic USA.
- Able to get security clearance for military base activities.